Wednesday, April 16, 2008

ARCHIE & FRIENDS #118...



Above: Cover to ARCHIE AND FRIENDS #118.

ARCHIE AND FRIENDS #118 should be in comic book stores today. As I mentioned before, I inked six pages in this issue. Again, I don’t always know where the stories I ink for Archie Comics end up. So, in this case, I’m glad I can let folks know ahead of time. It looks like I’ll be inking parts of ARCHIE AND FRIENDS for a while (as I continue to ink various stories for the Archie digest books; and, as rumor has it, maybe ink some of SONIC X). I inked the first half of issue #119, and I’m waiting for the pencilled pages to issue #120 to ink. I love inking Rex Lindsey’s pencils. So, I’m having a great time with ARCHIE AND FRIENDS.



Above: Panel from ARCHIE AND FRIENDS #118. Pencils by Rex Lindsey and inks by Al Nickerson.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Scanman said...

Hey Al, I hope you had a good time at the convention. I talked to the guy I buy burgers from about the convention. He thought it was great. He funny enough was really into The Venture Bros. forum.

April 23, 2008 at 9:39 AM  
Blogger AlNickerson said...

Hey, Scan! The New York Comic Con was huge… and very enjoyable. I walked around a lot (boy... my feet hurt). I met lots of folks including Neal Adams (always a funny guy), Steve Rude, Joe Staton (my hero), my Archie Comics editors, Erik Larsen (who was complaining about John Byrne), Irwin Hasen (my old teacher from SVA), Walt Simonson (very friendly), John Gallagher (my buddy), Dan Parent (my fellow Archie employee), Colleen Doran, and DJ Coffman (who seemed to have offered me some work).

You guys have got to start going to the Con. It’s great fun!

April 23, 2008 at 10:39 AM  
Blogger Scanman said...

I wonder if Miggy was part of the panel on Venture Bros. Or at least there.

April 23, 2008 at 12:10 PM  
Blogger AlNickerson said...

I didn't see Miguel named in any of the articles that I read about the Venture Bros. panel. Maybe he was working? Dunno.

April 23, 2008 at 12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home