Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Free Comic Book Day report...

Free Comic Book Day was quite fun! The folks on line to get into Main Street Comics went all the way out of the store! I haven’t seen that happen before. So, that’s encouraging. I love seeing folks being (re)introduced to comics. There were lots of kids at Main Street Comics, as well. Perhaps there’s a future for comics still.

On Free Comic Book day, I picked up ATOMIC ROBO / NEOZOIC, THE MOTH: GREATEST HITS, HELLBOY/B.P.R.D., and KIDS LOVE COMICS: COMIC BOOK DINER.

Again, I absolutely love ATOMIC ROBO. The Free Comic Book Day issue has an original story where Atomic Robo battles a bunch of Commie robots! Ya gotta love that! I laughed when I noticed some interesting items in Atomic Robo’s office. There's a framed picture of Hellboy on the wall. Also, it looks like Atomic Robo is in possession of Captain America’s shield. Funny stuff.


Update: Speaking of ATOMIC ROBO… this is kinda funny and very flattering, as well: The creators of ATOMIC ROBO (which you all should be reading right now) quoted me on there website. It looks like they took the quotes from this very blog:

Al Nickerson- "I just discovered a new and amazing comic called ATOMIC ROBO! It’s like Mike Mignola’s HELLBOY, but funnier and less Gothy. ATOMIC ROBO has Nazis, robots, and monsters. Ya can’t go wrong with Nazis, robots, and monsters."

and…

Al Nickerson: "If you’re tired of reading sucky comics, then give ATOMIC ROBO a shot."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home