Thursday, September 4, 2008

"Comics and politics" or "Super-Heroes for McCain"…



In the days of World War 2, patriotism played a significant role in American comic books. That sounds great, doesn’t it? Comics should have something to say. Comics can and should have an impact on society. Today, a couple comic book creators are voicing their opinions about politics, specifically in regards to the current Presidential race. Alex Ross, as well as Erik Larsen, appear to support Senator Barack Obama. This isn’t too surprising since most artists tend to sit on the Liberal side of the fence. So, I thought I’d contribute my own (opposing) point of view.

I would like to point out that this is my own personnel opinion and it does not reflect those of P.I.C. TOONS Studios nor of the members of P.I.C. (most of whom I love dearly, but who would sooner light themselves on fire before ever voting for Senator John McCain.). :)

Update: Cartoonist Eric Merced
has joined in on the fun: "Dogsaint for Obama".

Update: Illustrator Chad LaForce has made a contribution with this illustration.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Scanman said...

Sorry, I love my country too much to allow an angry man who was born in Panama and a woman who was a part of a group who wants Alaska to secede from the United States of America to continue to run America further downward.

Though a guy who's called NIHILIST Man might be comfortable with that.

September 4, 2008 at 1:13 PM  
Blogger AlNickerson said...

Hi, Scan! I knew you were going to respond to this topic. Out of P.I.C., you’re the most vocal when it comes to politics. I like the fact that even though we are polar opposites when it comes to certain topics (just read Scan’s blog if anyone doesn’t believe me), we’re still buddies. :)

I now see that "Nihilist-Man" might be an odd name for a super-hero. When I was younger and more rebellious, "Nihilist" sounded kinda cool for a super-hero’s name. However, now that I am older and wiser, I am having problems with the name. Not too long ago, after I was interviewed on The Pulse, the interviewer was later asked about Nihilist-Man’s name. She responded with a really cool answer dealing with the fact that Nihilist-Man comes from a different dimension. I can’t seem to find her response in my files. It was a great explanation, though. Still, I do discuss the origin of the character’s name in the graphic novel I am now working on. Hopefully, that will answer some questions.

September 4, 2008 at 1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry Al you're not alone I support Mcain/Palin. I take angry man and Alaskan Palin over communist China "looks pretty good" Obama any day. ;D
Souba

September 19, 2008 at 12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home