Friday, October 28, 2011

My time at the 2011 New York Comic Con...



As I had mentioned before, I was anticipating the 2011 New York Comic Con at the Jacob Javits Center in Manhattan. I had my professional pass, and met up with Joey B. Despite my criticism of the fannish nature of comic book conventions, the New York Comic Con is still chocked full of fun. I always get the opportunity to visit friends, talk with colleagues, and see my editors.

This year, the New York Comic Con seemed more crowded and more insane than ever. Joey B and I saw things that I should never mention, nor post here at P.I.C. News. Now, Joey B has never before been to the New York Comic Con. So, He was having a grand time at the event. I‘ve gone to the convention each year, and just wanted to see who I wanted to see and then head on out.

I saw those ATOMIC ROBO guys, Brian Clevinger and Scott Wegener. Scott drew this shiny Atomic Robo sketch…



Rick Leonardi drew this sketch…



I had the chance to speak to Mr. and Mrs. Joe Staton (I try and do that every year). Joey B and I talked with Michael Golden, and then with Rich Buckler. I chatted with my one-time Archie Comics colleague, Dan Parent. I had a conversation with Neal Adams about his comics association, the Comics Creators Guild. I was able to pick up the first issue of RAISING RACHEL and meet up (again) with Terry Moore.

And, of course, Joey B and I saw Plastic Man…

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home