Friday, September 30, 2011

God's country?



-First Inaugural Address of President George Washington (April 30, 1789, New York, NY):

We ought to be no less persuaded that the propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.

And…

-2 Chronicles 7:14 (King James Version):

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

In recent times, I’ve been contemplating whether the United States of America is still God’s country. We have strayed. Our nation was founded on Judeo-Christian principles. Don’t believe me? Then, check out "The Independence of a Judeo-Christian nation..."

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Souba said...

I do believe our founders had Christian principles, and hoped that this land would remain founded in those things. I also think that nations falling from and coming back to God is not something new, I mean you've seen that happen in the Bible when Israel had good and bad kings.
Today I think that we like Israel have began to put too much faith in our leaders and parties instead of in Jesus. When you trust in man they fail you guaranteed but when you put that trust and faith in Jesus and the Holy Spirit you have true security no matter who leads the country or what happens economically or circumstantially. You also gain wisdom in who you support that is in line with God.
I don't think that this generation is much different perhaps just that instead of knowing who we are in Jesus and reflecting that power so that the world respects the church Christians are taught to do works and not operate in the Spirit or the gifts of the Spirit this makes the church weak and hardly an influence to the world.
So the solution is and will always be Jesus to be focused on Him and to be lead by the Spirit to do those mighty works that Jesus spoke of so that the world wants what we have.
Anyway, that's my opinion.

October 3, 2011 at 5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home