Saturday, January 17, 2009

"Mail Call!" or "Why bother shop at a comic book store when your friends mail you comics?"

Over the past several weeks, I’ve gotten some really great comic book booty in the mail…



Above: Sketch of everyone’s favorite Evil Cyborg Lethargic Lad by famed cartoonist, Greg Hyland.

Greg Hyland mailed me a copy of the most-excellent LETHARGiC LAD 2007. Greg signed the book, and drew a spiffy sketch of Evil Cyborg Lethargic Lad on the cover (see above). I noticed that I was included under the "Special Thanks" listing in the book. I’m not quite sure why Greg would want to thank me, though. Anyway, LETHARGiC LAD 2007 looks really sharp! If you enjoy hilariously fun super-hero comics, then LETHARGiC LAD 2007 is a must-have for you. The book includes all the LETHARGiC LAD webcomics from 2007, and is printed in the widescreen format so that every reader can enjoy each strip in its full artistic glory (what a brilliant idea). To order the limited edition LETHARGiC LAD 2007 and to read new weekly LETHARGiC LAD webcomics, stop by the LETHARGiC LAD website.



Above: Partial cover to Dave Sim’s GLAMOURPUSS #4 (ZOMBIE EDITION).

Also, in the spirit of Christmas, (CEREBUS creator) Dave Sim mailed me a copy of GLAMOURPUSS #4 (ZOMBIE EDITION). Dave signed the book, and even made a Santa Claus hat for the zombie on the cover (see above)… which I thought was very clever. For more on Dave Sim’s GLAMOURPUSS, stop by the GLAMOURPUSS website.

Merry Zombie Christmas, everyone! :)

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home