Tuesday, November 8, 2011

COMIX history...



Above: The cover to Les Daniels’ COMIX: A HISTORY OF COMIC BOOKS IN AMERICA.

Author and comics historian, Les Daniels, was born in 1943, and has apparently died from a heart attack.

Several years ago, my buddy, Martin, suggested I find a copy of COMIX: A HISTORY OF COMIC BOOKS IN AMERICA. The book was first published in 1971, and became out of print, but I was able to purchase a copy at Amazon.com.

COMIX: A HISTORY OF COMIC BOOKS IN AMERICA is an excellent book concerning comics’ history. It includes comic book stories by Jack Cole, Harvey Kurtzman, Wally Wood, Al Williamson, Jack Kirby, and Steve Ditko among many others.

I regard COMIX: A HISTORY OF COMIC BOOKS IN AMERICA as highly as I do Jules Feiffer's THE GREAT COMIC BOOK HEROES and Hubert H. Crawford's CRAWFORD'S ENCYCLOPEDIA OF COMIC BOOKS.

The Comics Reporter has a nice article on Les Daniels.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home